Wednesday 29 August 2007

Confudiddlibimbambuzzled

So holidays have officially started. While I've been TRYING to do a bit of study, I've ended up making a stupid bet with a little girl and been made even more confused by another!

On Sunday I had church in the morning. We woke up a little late and Aonghas had spent quite a bit of the previous night staying up doing some video work on the computer so he sort of slept in. My mum drove Hamish and me to church, but she thought we were really really late, and so she ditched us and let us go to church by ourselves! So I was hoping at least Angie would be coming to church as she spent her last txt replying to mine the night before telling me she'd be coming if I was going! I suppose her mum told her that there would be no Sunday school for the next two weeks though!

In the weekend as well I had this conversation with this girl who for some reason is angry at me. I tried to sort it out again, asking her what was wrong. I suspect it's because people tell me all sorts of stuff about what goes on at their school and some of it involves her...so I pretty much bent over backwards to try reassure her that I didn't let it affect what I thought of her and it didn't change anything, but she just kept telling me she didn't care and that it wasn't any of her business and I could listen to whatever I wanted. In a similar fashion to how the two preceding conversations ended, she went offline without saying any more!

I've been good friends with this girl for the past four years and suddenly now for some reason everything has changed! I have no idea why and have done my best to keep our friendship going but I'm just so confudiddlibimbambuzzled! Is this what guys mean by girls being so confusing and difficult to understand? I've tried and tried and now I'm just about to give up and let things be and if she still wants to be friends then so be it but if she doesn't, then...yeah...

Last night I went with Aonghas back to good old Rutherford College for the studio show rehearsal. I'm playing an accordion duet with him. Originally I was going to play cello with this other girl Shirley while she would be playing flute and someone else on piano, but she later told me she wasn't going to do it anymore. Anyway back to yesterday, it felt so weird being back! It was like I was a stranger there!

It's funny too how there are various phases in what people call you. At first people call you Hamish's brother. Next they call you Calum, and call Aonghas Calum's brother, or Head Boy's brother, and then the last phase is when they call you Aonghas's brother! It's happened to me both at Rangeview and now at Rutherford! It's not too bad though.

And finally, last night was also the lunar eclipse. I wasn't expecting much as I couldn't possibly imagine how the moon could look red, but sure enough it did! We were all standing outside, with Aonghas manning the camera on top of the tripod watching the moon sloooowly disappearing when Szelin, our neighbour came out in her sleeping gown and joined us. We were talking for a while when our other neighbour came out and told us to look for the lunar eclipse! A little ahead of him, but he meant well!

Just as we were about to go back inside, I had one final task. I stupidly made this bet for $10 with a 13-year-old girl Kar-mun who lives next door, that I could make her scream. Well she was heckling me! Anyway I quietly followed Szelin back home and sneaked into her bedroom and sat on her bed, but Kar-mun was still awake and texting! Although....she did make a quiet

AHH....

noise which I consider as a quiet scream but she contests that it wasn't a scream and that there is no such thing as a quiet scream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment