Wednesday 25 April 2007

Odd

Yesterday was a very strange day.

I had lunch with Alice in the Information Commons, talking about her love for all things Sony. That takes the total number of Sony lovers I have come across so far to - TWO. Anyway that wasn't too bad. She introduced me to a few of her Mt Roskill Grammar friends, and told me one of them who I sorta kinda met through Diane (she's her friend too) was in the Information Commons at the same time! I didn't recognise her though as I've never met her in real life!

I walked with Alice down to the library basement and waited outside the lecture theatre with her till her statistics lecture started, when Elizabeth, this girl who used to go to Rangeview with me and also attended the Music Centre teacher training day came over and said hi to me. Now here's the first funny thing. She and Alice knew each other! Wow what a small world we live in!

Once they went into their statistics lecture I went to try do a bit of study before my population health lecture. We had a guest lecturer who was speaking on ecosystems, relating them to health or something like that. She was funny, making these dry jokes. There was one she tried cracking, to do with Buddhism and university but I can't quite remember.

Anyway straight after the lecture I had a biosci lab session, in which we were dealing with cow blood to study osmosis. We got to play with these automatic pipettes which were cool! We had to wear gloves and everything to protect ourselves, and stupid me opened this little container, splashing drops of blood on my labcoat! I wasn't too sure if I needed to wash my labcoat and so I asked the tutor, and he told me that we can't actually get sick from the cow blood and that they just wanted us to practise good habits, so thank goodness for that!

We got to take home our models of a 5-week old human embryo that we made during the last lab session which was cool. I was playing with it when I got home! I caught up with a new friend I had made at uni before heading off to the library to find out some of my test results that were just released today.

My test marks are sorta OK. I guess they're not as bad as I had anticipated them to be, especially for me who dislikes and is no good at science.

I was walking down Queen St on my way to the bus when I came across this bike chained to a sign with a missing front wheel and pedals! I never knew how desperate some people could be, unless it was a really fancy bike!

Now here's the most disturbing thing to happen to me that day:

I was sitting at the bus stop when this old Indian guy came over to me and asked

"Hey can you give me directions to Show Girls?"

I pointed him the direction Show Girls was from where we were (I only know where it is because I've walked past it, not to it or into it!). He continued to ask me questions about it checking he had things right, when he asked another question which caught me off-guard.

"Do you know if there are any other sex shops nearby?"

Now I was totally disturbed and uncomfortable! I hope I don't look like the type of guy who frequents those sorts of places! Well I told him I knew of none in this area and pointed out to him where Show Girls was, this time telling him I was adament it was down that road, and he finally got on his way, hopefully for some evening entertainment...

No comments:

Post a Comment