Tuesday 31 October 2006

Halloween Horror

This morning at interval I attempted to bring fear to hearts and minds of some of my friends...but it didn't work. OK so maybe I wasn't loud enough and my cheap $2 halloween mask (complete with fake hair!!!) wasn't that convincing. I jumped from behind the wall and went BOOOOO!!!! ARRGGHGHHHH!!! YAHAHAHHHH! And they just looked at me! It wasn't till I begged for them to scream that one of them did! So that was a complete disaster.

I had to go off to Middlemore for another dental check-up later in the afternoon. The dentist changed the colour of those rubber things on my braces from dark blue to green, but I don't think anyone will even notice anyway. She originally suggested orange for halloween, before suggesting green which was a much better option! I came away wondering if I had made the right decision though...what if I get vegetables like brocolli stuck in my braces? How will I know? Oh well that's what the toothbrush is for!

Vodafone Supa Prepay was announced today and as I had suspected there's nothing free in their new offers (well what should I have expected? Nothing's free these days!) Looks like now I'm too poor to afford to text to either Vodafone or Telecom phones, let alone my 'best mate' whoever that may be! (I got a few but they have boyfriends and girlfriends...)

After coming back from the hospital, I anticipated little trick-or-treaters knocking at our door. We got some guy in a suit, a salesman I'm assuming, so we just ignored him and waited till he left. We had another knock at the door and looking through the blinds I could see they were trick-or-treaters! We scowered the house for lollies but by the time we fonud them they were gone! They turned out to be our neighbours so we caught up with them as they walked back up the driveway. Szelin was dressed up in black...umm....maybe an emo or a goth? I'm not too sure but that's scary enough for me! She brought along with her the little children staying with her, one as a fairy, another as JaJa Binks and the other little boy as a little boy in little boy's clothes. I came outside with my old man's mask and tried scaring the little kids (hey it's Halloween afterall!) but they just pointed and laughed at me!
"You look like an old man!!! Hahahahahaha!"
The little girl pointed at our house and said it was haunted. I asked them which did they like out of witches, wizards and me, and the little kids replied
"Not yoooooouuu!!!!!!"

The older girl living at their house didn't come along, apparently because she's either scared of guys or just scared of us. Anyway I followed Szelin and the kids back to their house to try scare this other girl. She came out and I popped out from behind the car and did my BOOOOOO ARRRGGGGGGGGHHH routine and she just stared at me! What is it? Am I just not that scary enough?!

What I did notice was that my face looked a lot better after taking off the mask! (Obviously, but just how often does my face ever look any good?)

No comments:

Post a Comment