Monday 26 June 2006

Slips and Trips

Yesterday morning I woke up late and had to rush to church. I was going to get someone at church to proof-read my Chinese speech but I couldn't print it in time. My mum had already honked the horn twice and had driven the car to the end of the driveway. So I ran out the door carrying the whole folder (where I thought my Chinese speech might be), jumped over the fence and...slipped. I dropped all my paper and grazed my knee and hands and made a hole in my only good pair of trousers :( Luckily I was able to wrap my knee with tissue from church to prevent the blood from getting on my trousers.

Later that afternoon I had to go to Takapuna where I was to perform in front of three accordion teachers (not mine) to let them critique me on my performance and presentation. I'm part of this 'development group' they're trying to prepare for the Accordion World Championships when it comes to Auckland in 2009. They want us to perform as much as possible, so this will happen every 6 weeks from now on.

Anyway I played my piece Russian Dance in front of them, and they gave me comments. One comment I kinda expected was to TRY NOT TO SMILE TOO MUCH, which my mum has been going on at me for the last few years. Whenever I smile you know I've done a mistake! So I'm going to have to work on keeping a straight face whenever I play.

Yesterday was also a very sad day. Last day of free texting. I'm going to miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Mel: hehe u fell... but at least your alright though...thats the main thing :D

    ReplyDelete