Saturday 17 June 2006

Future Plans

I got a letter in the mail from Middlemore Hospital today. I'm going to get braces next month! Even though I really want my jaw fixed it is kinda freaky because I don't know how I'm going to look with braces on, and what food I won't be able to eat afterwards... Anyway short-term loss for long-term gain I hope!
 
Anyway I got a new recorder student today. He's this 7-year-old boy and he started off really well today, being able to play three notes already! Now I've just got to make sure he keeps progressing well.
 
I had my first accordion lesson after the championships. I've got to decide on a whole new programme for next year's championships. My teacher wants me to enter the top NZ/South Pacific class next year (not that I'll stand a chance in it!) which means I'll have to have a 20 minute programme. He also suggested the Coupe Mondiale (World Championships) in Washington DC next August, as a way of getting some experience before the world champs come to NZ in 2009. I don't think we'll have enough money to be able to go to Washington though so I may not be going.
 
I caught up with my number one rival in the accordion just before my accordion lessons today and had a little talk with her, and it was her mum who appeared on ONE News that night when they did a report on Rangitoto College!

No comments:

Post a Comment