Sunday 11 June 2006

Near Sleepless Nights

I've been busy outside school hours all week, not being able to sleep till 2 am on most days, which has made me really sleepy! I don't even have any time to have extra sleep in the weekends, or even post on this blog!
In the last week I've been at rehearsals for the Auckland Symphony Orchestra, our school's musical trio and the Studio Show performance.

The rehearsals for Auckland Symphony Orchestra have been towards two Last Night at the Proms concerts this weekend at the Bruce Mason Theatre which are part of North Shore's British Festival. Yesterday (Saturday) I spent nearly the whole day over in Takapuna (after music teaching), as first we had a 2 hour technical rehearsal. Aonghas and I then walked to Wendy's to have dinner, and then at 7.30 till 10.30pm it was the actual performance. Today we have another performance at 2pm

I performed at the Studio Show on Friday night which was cool and slightly different to previous years because of the venue change. There wasn't much to do while waiting in the music room so I just practised my solo for most of the night (I was third to last). Fortunately I didn't stuff up like I did when I first played the piece in front of Mrs Klaassen (performing arts teacher) when I lost my right hand on the keyboard and couldn't recover!

I've also had to work on this rutherfordstudents.com website trying to get it up and running by Friday. Because I only got home at about 9pm each night there wasn't much time and I ended up staying up till 2am each night adding stuff to the website. It's up now, but there's still more content to be added...

Friday was also mufti day at school. I hate mufti days! I feel so poor compared to all those other people wearing fancy clothes with their labels. Do people deliberately wear nice clothes to school on mufti days or do they just buy new clothes so regularly that it all looks good? I think I've only got about 5 t-shirts, 3 jumpers, 3 shorts and 2 trousers in my whole wardrobe that I just pick to wear each day (in varying combinations). I'm sure some people have seen me in the same clothes more than twice! I've also been wearing some of the same clothes for the past three years too! (Yeah shows I haven't grown much aye) I noticed there were a lot of people dressed up in black...guess they may be emos...but then again there's nothing wrong with black clothing and any ordinary person could wear black if they wanted to!

Yeah anyway it's 2am now so I'm off to bed. Ready for church and another performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment