Monday 19 June 2006

A Normal Day

Today I went to Sylvia Park Shopping Centre in Mt Wellington which even though hasn't been completed is still pretty flash, especially The Warehouse Extra. My dad, wary of spending any more of the last of his money, was pleased after we came out. We spent a grand total of $2.50 during our three hours at the shopping mall. Well we're poor people from the West, we can't afford anything from there except 50c soft-serve ice-cream cones from McDonald's for the family!

Throughout the day I was texting Aneesya and Melissa, two of the girls from Kelston I met at the Bruce McLaren Intermediate enrolment evening. They're pretty cool people with interesting lives!

I also made a $50 bet with Ayesha on...something...which I will win! It's a long term bet so I'll be 30 by the time we determine who wins and hopefully by then I'll have a job that pays enough for me to be able to afford to pay off a $50 if it comes to it.

My parents don't seem to be as keen on letting me drive as they are with my little bro Aonghas. They're already letting him park their cars in the garage! I begged to try, so my dad let me the other night and I managed to do it perfectly...while my dad stood in front and my mum stood at the back watching nervously and shouting at me with directions. Yesterday I got the opportunity to park my mum's car in the garage. She didn't really want to let me but yeah I hassled her...Anyway as I was slowly moving, and I mean SLOWLY MOVING, my mum was kinda holding onto the car (I don't know why...maybe she thought that if I drove too fast she'd be able to slow it down. Then again she'd probably end up flying into the garage wall!) while my dad was watching on once again shouting out directions. Once again I managed to park the car into the garage! Then I realised I did it with the hand brake on the whole time. Stupid me forgot to take it off and got a shouting for that DONG

I just want to retract what I said yesterday about saying stuff to someone that made me look like a retard. Not that it matters but what I said probably did make me look like a retard :D but I said it willingly and am glad I did to the right person.

Anyway I was chatting to...someone...I can't remember now maybe Phoebe when I came up with this analogy. Now it may not make sense or someone may have already come up with it but yeah I've been hoping to come up with at least one meaningful analogy during my lifetime. Here it is - that finding love is like playing a pokie machine, you may have many tries that don't work, but eventually you'll hit the JACKPOT. OK that was it, maybe it ain't so great.

1 comment:

  1. hey.. i think people would get confused if i used my name on my blog so yea.. anyway lol just wanted to say me? has an interesting life? lol didn't think i did but ok.

    ~ Melissa ~

    ReplyDelete