Friday 16 June 2006

Screaming and Shouting

This afternoon after school we had the Chamber Music Contest. Our really strict string quartet expected us all to be at Epsom Girls Grammar by 4.30, but Aonghas, Hyun and Joon all had to go to their Young Enterprise oral presentation thing in Kelston first. I went there by myself with my parents when we got stuck in motorway traffic at about 4.15. I then got a phone call from Aonghas on the twins' phone, telling me they were just about to leave Kelston then!

I got to EGGS by 4.35 and met up with the teacher. I started warming up in the practice room while the teacher was starting to get more and more furious at how late the others were. Eventually it was 5 to 5pm, when we were supposed to perform and she was screaming and shouting at me about how they should've been here 15 minutes ago. Then I get a phone call from Joon telling me they've just gotten off the motorway and will soon arrive. The organisers fortunately moved us from no. 3 on the programme to last.

When they finally arrived Aonghas asked me if we brought his viola, but we thought he took it with him! So now we were short on an instrument! Fortunately (again) we were able to borrow a viola from EGGS.

We performed our piece on stage. The chairs were slightly higher than the ones in the practice room so I had to adjust that metal rod thing at the bottom of my cello on stage. I didn't tighten it up enough though, so throughout our performance my cello was slowly slipping and getting lower and lower! I was thinking come on finish before I fall over! Luckily we did.

I got back to find out my mum thought the teacher told her to record every performance (instead of just recording OUR performance), which meant by the time it was our performance she ran out of tape!

Next our trio (Josefia on flute, Catherine on piano and me on cello) performed in the 7pm session. That went a lot better, even though apparently my cello wasn't tuned properly (which both my teacher and the judges pointed out). I ended up sitting beside my teacher throughout the rest of the performances watching the others while my teacher commented on the performances to me. She kinda got nicer along the way though which wasn't too bad!

Just back to what happened at Bruce McLaren Intermediate with the Kelston girls, this is what one of the girls posted on her blog:

v r bein all nice,frndly n sugarcoaty bout our skool wen callum*hwever u spell it* n co wlk up 2 our table.so me bein me introduce myself n den guess wat hppnz????
me:hi,im aneesya,katz frnd.
him:ur da gurl dat all da guyz r crazy bout???
DUDE NOT EVEN A HI!
me:umm..ahem..i guess so (confusd but hyper luk on my face whle mel n tonez laugh dere headz off)
him:hi itz nice 2 finally meet u..so is it u??
me:hi (click 2 katz blog entriez) yep itz da 1 n onli me!(putin on my smirky face)
so v end up chatin n i wlk out wif his #!! dn't ask me hw dude lol
(http://kelstonchick.blogspot.com)

I'm sure I said hi first! Anyway chemistry homework to finish off and try to get to bed earlier than ever this week...gotta get to school on time for once. I'll talk bout my school report tomorrow...:S

2 comments:

  1. man do i h8 bein quoted nw!!lol..ddn't fink u wuld b bored enuf 2 chck out my blog!oh n sowi bout da 2commntz lst tym,our skool compz r kinda stuffd *ahem*..oh n did u call my cell da other day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah i saw u on the dialled numbers list n then noticed i was down $1.53! musta dialled wen the fone was in my pocket u didnt hear nethin did u? i always do that :S

    ReplyDelete