Tuesday 6 June 2006

Haywire

The last day of accordion competitions on Sunday saw my brother come third in his South Pacific accordion championship class, which was unexpected as the other accordionists made more mistakes than him and played easier pieces than him but still managed to get a higher mark than him! We suspect it's probably due to the 'North Shore' group - most of the accordionists are from North Shore and know each other well. Us Andersons are like the outsiders from the West.

Anyway today this morning I woke up late at about 8 in the morning, because I stayed up till 3am this morning working on the student website. I was originally hoping my mum would let me sleep in for the first two periods (my free periods today), but she said if I did I'd have to walk to school, so there wasn't any real point in doing that because it takes about an hour to walk to school from my house! . We came to school slightly late and Aonghas was all worried because he had maths first period. He ran off, forgetting his folder. I took it and went to the office, assuming he'd be waiting there to collect his late detention. He wasn't there, but I came across the principal and deputy principal who asked me if I was supposed to be somewhere. I gave them a blank look till Mr Edmeades reminded me I was supposed to be speaking at staff assembly! Fortunately Mr Coughlan the associate principal was understanding about me sleeping in and had spoken to them on behalf of me!

back at school I've had people asking me who I'm going to the ball with, and that I should ask someone and do it soon and raaadyraaadyraaa. There just doesn't seem to be anyone to ask!

Statistics class was interesting today. A certain someone sat to another, which I think must have been a dream come true for him! During the weekend my friend (a concerned individual) and I warned our friend against asking this girl to the ball just in case he got hurt because she may not be interested in any guys at the moment. Fortunately he took it pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment