Sunday 11 June 2006

Chill

Finally one busy and horrible week nearly over. I just finished the second orchestra performance of Last Night at the Proms. The first half was full of slow music and being sleep-deprived I really felt like falling asleep while playing. Not helping was my starvation and dry lips! We got to play Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance No. 4 which is one of my favourite tunes.

There was also a pipe band playing some modern music with the brass and percussion section of the orchestra. It really made me feel proud to be part Scottish *sniff sniff*. I just found out yesterday that I'm part Danish and part French from my dad's side as well!

I haven't been feeling the best lately with a sore throat, runny nose and cough. Yeah it's really horrible especially in places where you can't sniff. You end up dripping and then have to go into the toilet and blow your nose and...anyway I wish our house had better insulated walls! I don't even think we've got Pink batts in them, so its freezing cold in the morning and at night. I think I caught my cold one night when I stayed up late working on the website and I was only wearing a t-shirt. Now I'm wearing 5 layers of clothing :D

I stuffed a tissue in my mouth on Friday during stats class so that when I breathed out through my mouth I wouldn't pass anything on to anyone else and the teacher asked what I was doing...Fortunately the orchestra was loud enough at the performance for me to sniff in the middle of playing. I think it's starting to go away...I hope...I want it to be gone by the ball at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment