Sunday 4 June 2006

Competition Flop

I competed at the NZ accordion champs yesterday, where I competed in three classes - the open solo championship, the open duet with Aonghas and the open trio with Aonghas and Hamish.
 
I had to play three pieces for the solo championship - 3rd Mvt of Italian Concerto by Bach, Figaro from Barber of Saville by Rossini and Russian Dance by Shenderyov (I kept forgetting that guy's name..first started out as Shernikov, then Shendikov, till I read the music and found out it was Shenderyov a few minutes before my performance!) Anyway my first piece the Italian Concerto was my weakest and of course I didn't really play it too well. Anyway I ended up coming second, three points behind the guy who came first.
 
The duet didn't go too badly. I translated it wrongly when I filled in the entry form though, so it appeared in the programme as Gong Nan Hao instead of Jiang Nan Hao. We came first for the duet. We played Eine Kleine Nachtmusik - Allegro for the trio, and I kinda played a wrong note and laughed about it loud enough for my mum to have heard it! We luckily came first in the trio as well.
 
My accordion teacher was a little disappointed with me losing the solo though, saying I didn't practise enough, but I'm adament I'll try to do more from now on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment