Thursday 15 December 2005

Taking Turns

We visited our nana today in hospital. She had just had something done to her and had to have morphine injected into her, so she was in a bit of pain when we arrived. It was a bit uncomfortable sitting there watching her lying on the bed in pain and all worn out. She wasn't very talkative today and so it was pretty quiet. My dad tried adjusting the bed for my nana with the remote control which could make our nana sit up or lie back down on the bed. My dad had no idea how to use it so he tapped the buttons on the remote control and my nana ended up jerking up into a sitting position and then back down as my dad tried to figure out how to work the thing!
 
When we got home we found an message on the answer machine from our aunty asking us if we knew anything about our uncle (our aunty and dad's brother). Apparently he has a kidney stone and has also been in a lot of pain.
 
It hasn't been too great in the last couple of months for the health of my family, with my nana getting sick, and then my aunty (who suffered a stroke, but has recovered) and now my uncle. Hopefully they all get well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment