Friday 23 December 2005

Independent Shopping

Usually I always shop with my mum and my mum buys us everything, but because this morning my mum had to go off and deal with a bit of business and last night I wasted her time looking around Westcity for Christmas presents and coming away with nothing, she decided to drop my brothers and I off (with a bit of money) at Westcity to go shopping ourselves and buy Christmas presents for each person in the family.

We first got Hamish a watch because I lost the one he had for nine years. I had to buy that with my own money too!

Next we had to find something for our mum. Our mum is one of those people who always bangs on about saving money: DISCOUNT DISCOUNT BARGAIN BARGAIN BARGAIN! so we had to be aware of how much we spent on her. In the end we found something at The Warehouse I was at first proud of:

Dead-looking Tomato Plants   5 x $0.10    $0.50
Buttercup Plant                     1 x $0.50    $0.50
TOTAL                                                  $1.00

My mum likes gardening, and likes growing vegetables, so I thought we'd try find her some vegetable plants she woudn't have in her garden yet. We were served by Amber at the check-out. I was talking to her while she was scanning our six plants and doing all the checkout sort of things. After about 5 minutes she informed us:

"OK that comes to a grand total of......$1.00!"

We also bought her a set of $2.00 Christmas lights.

We should have bought these plants last though, because we ended up walking around Westcity with these drooping dead-looking tomato plants in The Warehouse bags! I even caught up with Jacqueline, Banthoon and Ben!

When we got home I was so certain my mum would be surprised at how cheap the plants were (Hamish did trip over while walking home and disfigured a couple of the plants though), but as soon as we came in showing her our five tomato plants and the buttercup plant, she told us

"We've already got tomato plants and a couple buttercup plants!"

No comments:

Post a Comment