Tuesday 13 December 2005

Some Things are Better Said in Another Way

This afternoon I had an audition for an accordion teaching job. Three other people were auditioning to teach the piano. We each had to play a piece and then pretend another auditionee was a ten-year-old student and teach them a song for ten minutes.
 
I had this Asian girl who was auditioning to become a piano teacher as my pretend '10 year-old student'. When I put the accordion on her she had her legs together. When you sit with the accordion on your lap you have your legs slightly apart for your accordion to sit in the middle...so I had to awkwardly ask the girl to spread her legs slightly apart!
 
After we had all finished, the man assessing our teaching (who also happens to be my former accordion teacher) gave me this piece of advice:
 
"Be careful of how you ask a girl to open her legs"
 
Fortunately I've been asked to attend the teachers training course next month so I'll have to see how far I get from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment