Tuesday 13 December 2005

Beginning of Holidays

Last Friday night my brothers and I performed with the Auckland Symphony Orchestra in the Town Hall for this Christmas Carols concert. There were two Pacific Island church choirs present, with each choir performing a solo, and they were great! The Reverend of one choir explained the story behind their performance before ending with:
 
"I hope you enjoy our performance. If you don't......well I don't care!"  
 
It also took a bit of time trying to get to the Town Hall! My mum is unaccustomed to driving to the city or even on the motorway, and so we were trying to guide her. She was supposed to turn left into the Civic carpark but was in the wrong land and so had to continue driving straight. We couldn't get her to turn into a side street and turn around and so she ended up driving all the way to K' Road before she finally managed to turn around! In the end we got there though! Driving home was a lot easier though.
 
---
 
It has been a tradition for our family to go to the concerts in the park every year and we've been to each Christmas in the Park since it started way back in 1993 or 1994 but this year my mum was thinking it was going to rain and so she couldn't be bothered going. It turned out to be hot and sunny, but then my mum said it was too hot to go!
 
---
 
I managed to find a 37 page Christmas medley for orchestra (some pages only had one bar as there were 16 parts to this song!) and managed to arrange it for an accordion trio so we could perform it at the church's Christmas concert. I only finished typing the arrangement out the night before we had to play it to those organising the concert, and so basically we were sightreading it the next morning! The lady who wanted to listen to it told us we had to bring out the melody and let the interludes flow or something like that.
 
---
 
So I've started tidying up the house once again these holidays and this time we aim to KEEP it tidy for the rest of the year!
 
---
 
Our two yet-to-be-named tadpoles have grown rear legs!! We still haven't planned how we will look after them once they turn into frogs. We can't let them hop around inside just in case they get behind the TV and shock themselves, or my mum 'accidentally' cooks them, and if they go outside they might get eaten by the cats...
 
---
 
My nana's still holding up! I'm aiming to spend a lot more time with her over these holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment