Friday 21 January 2005

A Year Older

Well its official…I’m finally sixteen. I feel really really old now! The day hasn’t been too spectacular. Not too many people know that it’s my birthday so it is pretty low-key but I don’t mind. I’m used to it. Phoebe, Jacqueline, Chen, Mr Hirst, my family and Diane remembered anyway and that’s good enough for me. What really made my day was Diane ringing me this morning. It’s been ages since I last talked to her and so it was pretty good to talk to her again. She played the piano and what she could on the guitar to me (it was kinda my birthday wish!), and it definitely put my talent on the guitar and piano to shame!

Mr Hirst used to be my principal back when I attended Henderson Primary School. He happened to be an aeroplane enthusiast just like me at the time and what was even interesting was that his birthday is on the same day as mine! He was a really cool principal till he left. I won’t speculate on his replacement… So Mr Hirst sent me an email this morning wishing me a Happy Birthday and that was pretty cool too. I haven’t gotten anything for my birthday but a couple days ago our computer got a bit of an upgrade and a few additional components so that’s more than enough for me.

So far Hamish has been admitted to study for a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Economics/minor in Chinese). We are still waiting for further news on the other two courses he has applied for (BBIM and BCom) which are both currently ‘pending’.

Our mum had to take her car in for a warrant of fitness, but it failed so she had to get replacement wheel bearings for the rear wheels, a replacement for her rear windscreen wiper and minor work done on her exhaust. While it was being repaired, she got to borrow another car to use. Yeah it did have a really good stereo and central locking, but it was littered with cigarette butts so it wasn’t that hygienic.

No comments:

Post a Comment