Sunday 2 January 2005

Stripping (the wall)

The neighbours offered to lend us the steamer they hired to strip their bedroom walls of wallpaper for the night, and my mum grabbed the opportunity with both hands. We spent all day stripping wallpapers off the wall. What made it worse was that on one wall the previous owners had put two layers of wallpaper over another, so we had three layers of wallpaper to take down!

So all day together with my brothers and my mum, I used the steamer to wet the wallpaper, then scrape it off with a wooden spatula (yep had nothing else to use). Unfortunately I burnt myself several times with the hot steam and boiling water, and I won’t be surprised if I have heaps of blisters on my fingers tomorrow.

 

My nana asked us to perform for her arthritis club next Tuesday which is cool because at least it means that they want to hear more of us. I really want to ‘crack the Asian market’! By this, I mean that I would like to perform at a few Asian events because we are able to play traditional Chinese music and it would open more doors for us to perform to a wider variety of audiences, instead of just the older people. We’ll have to see. Anyway my blisters won’t be doing me any favours!

No comments:

Post a Comment