Tuesday 25 January 2005

Everything's Changing

It's going to be so weird coming back to school next week. Everything will be different. Last night I had the shortest school Board of Trustees meeting I've ever had - one hour! It looks like our theatre will be demolished at the end of February to make way for our new library, and a new social sciences block will be built on top of the basketball courts. What is even worse though is that Norma, an English teacher has resigned and will be teaching at Glenfield College instead! She is more than an English teacher to me though. She was the one who gave me the opportunity to be part of the school productions, helped me discover my 'slight' ability to sing in front of an audience, was in charge of the Junior Council (later renamed Student Committee), and supported me when I went for Student Rep! It will be so different without her this year! Since I don't take drama at school, I might not be able to be part of the school production (although since Yuk kit isn't coming back and he was one of the few good male actors/singers at our school, hopefully I have a chance!). Plus, the juniors won't have a say in how things are done at school as the Student Leaders Group is only made of seventh formers! I really need to do something about that, but farewell Norma!!!

Good news though. Hamish has been admitted into all courses he has applied for at the University of Auckland - the BBIM (Bachelor of Business and Information Management - Accounting and Management), BCom (Bachelor of Commerce - Economics and Finance), and BA (Bachelor of Arts - Economics and Chinese)

I finally got my school uniform from the second hand shop at school yesterday. It's a white polo shirt and navy blue shorts. The t-shirt fits me perfectly, and I thought the shorts did too...till I got home and tried it out again! This always seems to happen to me - short shorts! I'll probably try find another pair of shorts somewhere at home if there are any, fingers crossed! I've got a uniform check tomorrow and hopefully I'll get past that.

No comments:

Post a Comment