Monday 24 January 2005

Muir Family Reunion

After the Chinese New Year Festival yesterday we quickly rushed home to prepare for the Muir Family Reunion. The Muirs are from my nana's side of the family. Most of the Muirs who attended yesterday had travelled from Australia, Tauranga, Waihi, and various other places. I couldn't recognise anyone, but a few commented on how the last time they saw us, we were this tiny!
Photos of the reunion will be made available on the Andersons website once it has been put up (still working on it but it will be finished soon!).


We all had dinner and dessert together and shared stories and had conversations with each other. John Muir's (my dad's cousin) wife told us that she loved our curly hair which was quite fascinating! We've always hated our curly hair and Aonghas has even wished he had a hair straightener, but now that most people have said that they love the curls, he's most likely going to stick with them. My hair isn't as curly as his and so I look more of a mess.

Just before everyone left, we all got together for a group photo and Hamish, Aonghas and I performed as a trio on the accordion for them.




At the end of the day it was a great experience catching up with long lost (well not really lost) relatives whom I honestly knew little about!


No comments:

Post a Comment