Thursday 16 December 2004

Zippo’s been going on at me about me not being too successful with my challenge of finding a girlfriend, and so last night I asked her if she could find a boyfriend in the time I have to find a girlfriend and she replied with a ‘yes’. Surprise surprise this morning she rang me to tell me that she’s going out with a guy!

Our old couches have been stripped down to bare wood – it’s so sad to see the very thing I’ve been sitting on for most of my life being destroyed…Farewell couch!!

 

I watched this real-life TV show called NYPD 24/7 and I must say I was appalled at the attitudes of the cops on display. One man was pulled over and his car confiscated for being too intoxicated. He was told to take a taxi home with his daughter, but the man asked for permission to get his keys out of his car first but the policeman refused to let him do so. When the man became upset and angry, the policeman called for backup and an ambulance. When another police officer arrived at the scene they pushed this man to the ground, handcuffed him and then forced him onto a stretcher. He was then taken to hospital for a check-up. The police officer later claimed that he was only trying to help the man. If he really wanted to avoid the whole situation and really help the man out, why not just give the man the keys to his house and let him be on his way?! No wonder people do not understand Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment