Tuesday 14 December 2004

Telly Talk

I just watched Christmas in the Park on tape and you won’t know how irate it left me feeling at the end of it. TV3 have done an appalling job at broadcasting this event and have abused their right by using the time to showcase and publicise their presenters. During Petra Bagust’s totally unnecessary interviews, you could hear the performances already beginning. They cut the broadcast down to an hour, yet they put in a lot of this garbage in it. I remember when Christmas in the Park was screened on TVNZ back in the early years of the event in 1994, and TVNZ did a great job of it. I sent an email to TV3 with my complaint and I’ll post their reply (that is if I receive one) on this blog.

 

I came to realise that on TVNZ, they have shows such as ASB Business which report on business news, Agenda, Face to Face with Kim Hill and Closeup@7 reporting and analysing current affairs and politics, but where are the television shows looking at science/technology/health? It would be great if there was a weekly show providing an in-depth analysis of science news of the week such as the latest breakthroughs, discoveries, etc. That suggestion has been emailed to TVNZ and I’ll post their reply on this blog as well.


--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.296 / Virus Database: 265.5.0 - Release Date: 9/12/2004

No comments:

Post a Comment