Thursday 30 December 2004

Thank Goodness my Nana's okay...Not so lucky for 60,000 Others

Well today we went to North Shore Hospital to take our nana home, who had just been discharged. I got the honour of pushing her around in a wheelchair. I pushed her a bit too fast over a bump though and she exclaimed

Oh you need to push me a bit slower over the bumps! I might go flying off the wheelchair otherwise!

I chatted to Pita, a guy in my class for the first time tonight, which was really cool. He told me he had been meaning to chat to me but didn’t know what to say. I guess most people have a bit of a problem chatting to me since I’m pretty boring! I don’t really know, but everything I seem to be interested in such as grown up stuff: politics and current affairs, is such a bore to most people the same age to me. Don’t get me wrong though! There are a few who like to argue that benefits shouldn’t be paid out…not talking about anyone in particular…I sometimes get this feeling that because I’m nice to everyone, other people try to be nice back to me or they’d feel stink. In the end it ain’t fun for anyone!

One morning at school before class started, I told a group of friends about this TV show I watched, which had synchronized swimmers spelling *dirty* words. They were all so shocked to hear me talking about it, one person cried out

Is this really Calum?! Or did an alien kidnap him?!

I sometimes feel trapped because I can’t have any fun. It isn’t the sort of thing people expect me to be. I don’t know but I’ll have to change something about myself before school starts this year.

 

I am happy to announce that most of my friends who are either holidaying or living in the South-East Asian region survived the tsunami! Jacqueline and Nick, who are both holidaying in their homeland Malaysia, let me know that they’re OK, while Disha, who only recently moved back to India, told me that she wasn’t affected. The death toll is climbing nearer to 60,000.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment