Wednesday 29 December 2004

OK Today's the day

I’m having a problem with procrastinating all the time! I was meant to finish tidying up the bedroom and lounge today so I could concentrate more on studying, but the rooms are no tidier, and I haven’t advanced much with my studying! All I accomplished today was printing out most of the past NCEA papers. I’ve also got to read To Kill a Mockingbird by the end of these holidays too. So far…8 pages in 2 weeks. Not looking too great. Time to pick it up a bit.

 

Ain’t the effects of the tsunami devastating aye? 50,000 deaths and climbing. It was surprising to see ONE News put a correspondent in both Sri Lanka and Thailand. Good on them.

 

As for 3 News, this is what it was like in their 6 o’clock news bulletin last night.

Now we will talk to ….. live in …., who is the owner of the restaurant Three Black Sheep. …, how did you survive the tsunami? <<shuffles papers>>silence……….<<shuffles papers again>> Police are launching a homicide inquiry after …

As you can see, it isn’t accurately quoted.

 

Funnily enough, this is what they said in their 3 News update:

Tonight we plan to cross live to …

Interesting how they used the word PLAN. Are they not so certain anymore?

 

Man my skin is really tender now. I shuffled backwards today away from the TV, and accidentally rubbed my hand against the carpet. Guess what? I got carpet burn! Now I’m all covered in cuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment