Sunday 12 December 2004

Sad moments...and happy moments

Today was my final accordion lesson before my grade 8 exam on Monday! It turns out it will be at 7:15 at night! My scales still need working on and I have no idea how well my singing will be though!

We happened to catch up with Jessica Chen, one of my RIVALS! Nah she really is a nice person. Anyway she was having a few doubts about when she wanted to sit her grade 8 exam but she's going ahead with it anyway and will sit it on Thursday. Another of my rivals Ben is sitting his exam on the same day, but today I discovered that he and his family are moving to Canada at the beginning of next year which will be really sad!

Another sad thing (but happy too!) was getting rid of the couches we've had for more than 10 years. So many memories....sleeping, eating, watching TV.... We bought a second-hand sofa and reclining couch to replace them. Our old couches are still in the house but are on death row though. Their fate is still undetermined! Originally Aonghas, Hamish and I were going to carry the sofa down the main road all the way back home, but fortunately the guy whom we bought it off was able to fit it in his car. I discovered the girl that lives at the house we bought the sofas from is the elder sister of James Malama, this guy I used to go to primary school with. He's living in Australia now though, and his sister and other relatives will soon join him.

Christmas in the Park was held in Auckland Domain tonight, a free open-air family concert with heaps of entertainment and stuff. I thought it'd be a great time to have some 'family bonding time'. Our mum thought that it was going to rain and so instead we stayed home. In the end it never did and we'll just have to watch it on TV tomorrow night! (At least we've got comfy couches to sit on)  

Tomorrow morning the three of us will be rehearsing our trio at church in preparation for the church's Christmas concert. Our song isn't Christmasy at all though, it's a French valse!



Check out news, entertainment and more on the Xtra Broadband Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment