Saturday 6 November 2010

Kicking Them Out!

You may remember the last time when I was teaching music and had to deal with some random kids who came into my classroom and started disrupting my class.Well there was potential for something similar to happen again today, but I was determined to deal with it early and avoid it.

I was teaching a student, when I saw a couple of kids come into the cloak bay carrying some sort of tube that looked like gift wrap from where I was. I wasn't sure if they had taken it from the cloak bay or not, so I went over to see what was going on and saw they were actually fireworks! They were outside though so I left them to it and continued teaching.

One kid came into my room though and when I asked him if he was here for something, he said he just wanted to listen. It was not long till he went over to the window and started shouting to his friends outside! That's when I asked him to leave. His friends entered the room and I asked them all to leave as they weren't here for music lessons and were distracting my lessons.

I managed to shepherd them out the door, and as soon as they were all out I locked the doors! They did bang on the door for a little while, but I was going to be teaching for another hour and I'm sure their attention span wasn't that long, so I wasn't too bothered. I saw them chuck the unlit fireworks onto the roof of a classroom before wandering off somewhere.

I think I'm finally being a man! Next time I shouldn't be so polite...

No comments:

Post a Comment