Saturday 18 September 2010

Growing Some Balls

Teaching music was difficult this morning for completely different reasons!

I was in the middle of teaching a class when a couple of kids came in and just wandered around! I asked them if they were here for anything and they said they just wanted to listen, so I got them to sit on one of the couches and asked them not to touch anything.

I continued teaching, but they got up and sat at the desk group my students were sitting at. I thought...OK maybe I'll try teach them as well, but they kept making noise! One kept going over to the whiteboard and drawing on the whiteboard! I had to ask him to put it down.

The rain started to come down and I saw them rush to the classroom door to lock the door and saw some heads pop up in the window. They had another two friends and asked if they could come in because it was raining. I really didn't want to let them in, but I didn't know what to do as it was raining, so I said they could come in as long as they sat in the back of the classroom, kept quiet and didn't touch anything.

Once the class I was teaching had ended and the rain stopped, I asked them to go outside and have fun out there, as my last class would be big. They did go out, but during my last class they came in again! I had to tell them to sit down in the corner if they wanted to remain inside, but they kept making noise so I had to keep telling them to be quiet, and one of the parents also told them to stop distracting my class as well!

I eventually finished teaching and locked up the classroom before heading off to violin lessons. The bad thing is they came in and started mucking around in the hall during our violin lesson as well! The violin teacher soon told them to leave too.

The annoying thing though is they attend this school, so I really hope I don't have to deal with them again! I'll have to be a lot tougher on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment