Wednesday 1 September 2010

A Lunch that Brought Back Memories

This morning I finally managed to get my mum to give me a haircut after the AA man came to fix our car. She was going to go get the warrant of fitness for the car after I got out of the shower, which meant I'd have nothing to eat for lunch! Yes, yes...I'm too dependent on my mum!


Anyway, fortunately I was saved when Chen texted me asking if I'd like to join him and his girlfriend Rose for lunch today down at Subway. At first I was thinking he meant the one outside the Grafton campus, but it was a relief that he meant the local one not far away (I completely forgot about that one!).


I was just leaving the house when Chen texted me to tell me Rose was waiting outside my house! I spotted her and we walked down to Subway where we met up with Chen for lunch. I tried a wrap for the first time! The 6 inch wrap didn't last very long though!


The wrap didn't completely fill me so we went over to Long John Silver to buy some fries (I should've bought the fish burger! It looked a whole lot yummier!)


We wandered over to the nearby playground and domain to check out this taniwha that was decorated with clay hands that we made way back when we were primary school kids! I haven't checked it out for years! Luckily, way back then when I made my clay hand, I marked my initials CA in it and they're still visible today! I have left my mark!





We just sat around talking while we took turns on the swing.


After a while we decided to head off home, so Chen went one way and Rose and I walked home.


It was a good catch-up and a trip down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment