Thursday 16 September 2010

Ratbags!


Tonight my brothers and I went to watch the Rangeview Intermediate School production 'Ratbags' along with two of our church friends and youth group leaders Gabrielle and Tim. We haven't attended Rangeview in almost a decade, but we're still quite close to the music teacher Miss Rai, and Eva, a girl in our youth group was in the production too!


The production was pretty much about a town overrun by rats, and so the town mayor had to hire an army of rats to get rid of the rats. OK I think you get the idea!


The production brought back memories of what intermediate school was like way back ten years ago! 
I have to say the production was pretty good! They could sing and the choir and orchestra were pretty good too!

Eva had a bit of a solo part towards the end of the production too!



We also saw a few familiar faces there on the night too. During the break we caught up with our old Rutherford College principal Mr Moore. At the end of the production I saw a familiar face, and realised it was the old deputy-principal of Rangeview Intermediate, Mr Aldridge! He left in the middle of my second year at Rangeview to do some mission work in the Philippines. He was back now and on the Board of Trustees of Rangeview Intermediate.

I was quite surprised that he recognised my brothers and me! We talked quite a bit before I went to catch up with Eva before she left.

On our way out, we caught up with Miss Rai the music teacher and complimented her on her orchestra's performance. She would tell all the passing teachers about us! 
It was a good catch-up and once again Rangeview put on a good show!


2 comments: