Tuesday 21 September 2010

RIP USB Stick

Last Friday I was in the Pharmacy Resource Room in Grafton working on my research dissertation with my group, when my USB stick just stopped working. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but the computer didn't recognise it. At the time I didn't think much of it, as that sometimes happens with USB sticks right?

Well yesterday when one of the girls in my research group tried transferring a file to my USB stick, her laptop couldn't recognise my USB stick either, and neither would one of the IC computers! I tried three computers at home and none of them would work as well! They all said there was no media in the drive! 

I can't remember how much of my USB stick I had backed up, so I could well have lost a lot of my work from the past year! Arrrgghhh!!! 

I ended up buying a new USB stick after class today before my Dessert Club meeting. I was going to buy an iPod Touch (and started to get an urge to buy the Samsung Galaxy S...but...one thing at a time...) but they haven't come in yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment