Saturday 6 November 2010

A Birthday BBQ

Tonight I went to my old intermediate and high school friend Lindsey's house to attend a birthday barbecue for him. My mum originally suggested Aonghas drive me there, but I really wanted to practise driving on my own, so she reluctantly let me!

She had nothing to worry though as I drove about 50km/hr down the motorway thanks to a slow truck ahead of me! I was tempted to change lanes but I thought I'd rather get there late than crash and have my mum ban me from driving for the rest of my life.


It was a good old BBQ with Lindsey cooking the sausages (and they were quite nice sausages too!), his family there and Jane, one of our high school friends as well. I didn't recognise her at first since she had dyed her hair!

I gave Lindsey his birthday present that would hopefully make up for missing his 21st birthday last year (it was a Twister board game beach towel...you know so he can have some fun at the beach!)


We all had a bit to eat before the birthday cake was brought out and we all sang Happy Birthday to Lindsey!
I had to go not too long after as we had some guests over at home, but it was good fun being at Lindsey's. His family are quite fun and entertaining! May he have a great 22nd year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Lindsay :)
    good to see old faces again

    ReplyDelete