Tuesday 16 November 2010

My Last Dessert Club Event

 The Dessert Club Mulan Rouge tonight was the last club event for the year, and the last I'd be attending as a committee member, which made the event a tad sad!

I was asked to help out with decorations. Originally I was asked to come at around 2-3pm so I caught the bus to the city when I was told we would start decorating at 5.30pm! That meant I had plenty of time in the city to kill!

I came across this Earth From Above photography exhibition at Aotea Square which had all these amazing photos. After having a look at some of them, I went to the library to watch some more of my Asian drama before going to Wendy's to grab something to eat and then heading back up to K' Road for decorating!



The event was held at the Pull Bar, and I discovered it to be closed upon discovering it. I ended up just sitting  at the bus stop...watching more drama, till one of the other Dessert Club guys came.

We had about an hour to decorate the bar with shiny purple material, fairy lights and some lanterns. Some of the committee members arrived later with plenty of yummy food and the DJ and chocolate fountain soon came too.


Eventually everything fell into place and everyone soon arrived! They all played pool in the other room while we put the finishing touches to the bar.


Once it was all done, we let everyone in! I just hung out with Harry and Sean, two of the committee members, playing pool with them before watching Joy sing a solo and then a duet with Sean. They were pretty good!

After their performances, I decided to get some food to eat. There was plenty of sushi, and a lot of fruit to dip in the massive chocolate fountain! I don't think I've seen one that big before! 


I went back for seconds and thirds. I took a piece of sushi, thinking it had a large piece of meat on top of it. It turned out to be a large blob of wasabi sauce! I think it went straight to my head and I ended up trying to eat as much fruit as I could to cool myself down!

I didn't feel so great after that so I left a little early.  


The final Dessert Club event was pretty successful and I'm really proud of what the Dessert Club committee has achieved this year. I'm going to miss being a part of the committee and the club that I've been associated with for the past four years, and even though I don't really want to leave, I think it's probably the best time to move on. The club's definitely in good hands, and I'm sure they'll do a good job keeping the club going for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment