Saturday 27 November 2010

Pre-Concert Jitters

It's one week out from the end-of-year concert at the music school I teach, and so today I did what you could call a dress rehearsal with my students.

You'd have to say there were mixed results with the classes. I've got about six classes. Some were great, some needed a bit more work, and one class just kept speeding up in their pieces!

What will add extra risk to the recorder items next week, is that I will be getting all the students to come on stage right at the end of the recorder section of the concert to perform We Wish You a Merry Christmas. I've never done this before as they never practise together and I don't want to risk it. This year though I decided to risk it and try something different!

I always worry about how they'll go one week out from the concert, but they all usually manage to pull it off well so hopefully the same will happen again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment