Wednesday 3 November 2010

First Day of the End of my Life?

It was my first free day today and I did absolutely NOTHING! It may sound great especially after studying and exams, but I honestly had nothing to do! It did give me quite a bit to think about though...

Assuming I pass my exams, graduate and do my internship, where does my life go from there? I know my intern year will also involve assignments and exams to become a registered pharmacist, but what next? Does life become a repetitive chore in which I wake up, go to work, come home, sleep, wake up, go to work, come home, sleep...? I could have an aim of saving a million dollars by a certain age, but what am I going to do with that money? It all goes away when I die. I can't take it to Heaven with me.

I really don't want to live a meaningless life. My greatest fear is to get to an old age and realise I haven't achieved anything notable and that I haven't left an impression on anyone. I'd like to know that I've made a difference in people's lives...somehow, and that I mean something to someone.

I was asked for our annual Pharmag (pharmacy magazine) where I see myself in ten years' time and I jokingly said

'owning 15 pharmacies'

but what I really hope for in ten years' time is to BE somebody.

2 comments:

  1. I think thats a good goal, I see things from a business perspective. So to me owning a chain of pharmacies could actually be ideal (who knows maybe we will partner up and take over the pharmaceutical industry together haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. count me in when you own 15....

    ReplyDelete