After spending a whole year together, our group finally got our final year dissertation finished today! Our final research totaled 16,300 words (including appendices and references!) and 71 pages! I don't think I've ever handed in a project that huge before!
We had stayed at uni till 7-8pm for the past few nights, sending in revised versions to our supervisors to check each time. We came in early this morning to correct the final changes made by our supervisors. They hadn't sent us their changes by the time we arrived though, so we went over to their office.
Jessica and Becky pretty much rewrote the results section in the final few days and were afraid that a lot of changes would have to be made, but luckily the changes that needed to be made on the final day were minimal.
We went back to the pharmacy resource room to make the changes. I made the final changes to the reference list, and it was finished! Our final document was aptly named 'FINAL This is It'
We went over to the Information Commons computer room to hang out since we had nothing to do for a couple of hours. The time we had booked to get our dissertation printed was at 2pm. It was quite refreshing to be finished while everyone else was stressed out and rushing to get theirs done!
We heard quite a few stories about people crying after being told they had to rewrite a lot of their project in the final weekend, arguments between members...a lot of drama! We managed to avoid having too much drama within our group!
There was a free sausage sizzle outside which helped pass the time away.
2pm came, and we went down to the pharmacy office to get our dissertation printed. What a special moment!
We didn't hand it in at that time since Becky was going to get it ring-bound at her husband's work.
At least we've got all the writing done now and don't have to worry about doing any dissertation over the weekend like other groups, and only have to do a presentation and one-on-one interview with the assessor.
Now I have no excuse not to be studying!