Tuesday 12 October 2010

Chicken and Higgins

With this week being a week of lasts, today was the last time I'd catch up with Angie for lunch for this semester, as she will be having two tests next Tuesday.

After I wagged my last class, I power-walked my way back to the city to meet up with her outside the library before we walked through Albert Park down to Queen Street for our usual stroll to a food shop.

We wandered around aimlessly for a while before deciding to try Mrs Higgins cookies! They have a wider range than Subway, that's for sure! For once Angie let me buy food for her, so I bought her a cookie!

Before we went back up to the park, I also decided to try this place called Country Fried Chicken. I bought this snack box with a piece of chicken and chips. It probably wasn't good for my health, since I've had chips and Burger King for the past three days in a row! Oh well, I suppose one more day wouldn't hurt!

We went up to Albert Park to eat by the fountain. Angie threw a few crumbs to some nearby sparrows and pigeons, and soon we had all these birds gathering around us fighting over scraps of food!

It was a good last lunch together. I've tried quite a few different food places this semester which has been cool! I'll have to try them out again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment