Saturday 31 July 2010

Making Good Times

I'm so proud I managed to teach two of my students all about major scales (TTSTTTS) and key signatures! OK that's very sad...The night before recorder classes I'm always dreading the next morning and what class will be like, because when the students don't get it then it's not a very good feeling. When classes go well and you students get it though you finish class even more passionate about what you're doing. Today was one of those days!

I managed to convince my mum to check out the Asian video store in the city that is having a closing down sale with over 50% off some of the items. I have to say some of the dramas sound quite...interesting! Most of them didn't have English blurbs on the back though, so Aonghas had to use his phone to take a photo of the cover and search it up Google (talk about the wonders of technology!).

We also had no idea which dramas were good (just which ones had the hot girls...), so we didn't really buy anything except a DVD set on tai chi for my dad. I was hoping to get a Cantonese drama series so I could improve my Cantonese but maybe I should do some research first!

Right now though, I've been watching this Taiwanese drama called 'It Started with a Kiss' about a girl who isn't the smartest girl in the world falling for probably the smartest guy in the world doesn't seem to have any feelings or emotions. When an earthquake destroys her house, she moves in with the guy (their parents are best friends), and she starts to pursue him. I'm up to episode 18 right now! It's not actually too bad, even though sometimes the characters can annoy me, but it's a drama afterall!



No comments:

Post a Comment