Tuesday 27 July 2010

See all in the City

After enduring two really boring lectures in the morning, I wandered back to the city to today to have lunch with my friend Angie when she had her break.
 
After spending some time sleeping/studying at the public library, I went to the Quad at city campus to find bright lights, television cameras and some people sitting in front of a background preparing to film some TV show! I also saw some well-known television journalists like TVNZ's Cameron Bennett sitting nearby with some of his colleagues! I finally figured out that the show was for Maori Television.

Now to try get my five seconds of fame! There was a gap between some of the background panels, so I walked by behind them and stood there between the gap for a few seconds before carrying on!

I met up with Angie outside the library and we went to the cafeteria where I bought these potato wedges that she had told me about earlier in the year. I thought maybe I should try them out! They weren't cooked yet so we had to wait for a while, but once they were done we went upstairs to have our lunch (behind the panels for another shot on TV!).

What was amazing was on the way there, I bumped into three of my high school friends, Shen, Larry and Amy! That is why I wish I spent more time at the city campus! You don't have to walk far to catch up with your friends!

We just talked and ate for a while before I walked her down to her locker and parted ways as she went off to class. I still had some of my wedges that I hadn't finished, so I just sat outside the library finishing them when I caught up with Sarena and John, two other high school friends! What a great day for catching up with old high school friends!

I really had nothing else to do, as I had only stayed at uni to catch up with Angie, so I went to the bus stop to try catch the next bus. That's when I saw that guy...Matt Gibb I think (??) from Studio 2 filming some segment where he dresses up with a giant mustache and interviews people on the street! I overheard him talking about embarrassing moments, so I started to wonder...what would I say if he asked me what my most embarrassing moment was? Could this be my five seconds of fame?

Sadly....no. My bus came, he hadn't interviewed anyone yet and I couldn't be bothered trying to look vulnerable in order to lure him to me!

Now I just have to try find out which Maori TV show was being filmed on campus today, and look for myself in the background!

1 comment:

  1. Haha they all walk past pretending they don't know me :( so sad! And Shen walked past, said hi to my friend next to me, ignored me and walked on. Far.

    ReplyDelete