Wednesday 28 July 2010

Second Best

It was the annual pharmacy indoor soccer tournament tonight. I wasn't sure if I was going to bother staying at uni to watch it, as I had class from 8.30 in the morning till 2pm. I haven't started class that early since the first aid course earlier in the year!

After a bit of guilt tripping by some other people, I ended up staying at uni for the tournament which was held at the uni gym. It's my last year at uni after all, so I might as well stay and watch us 4th years finally win the competition right? I say finally because our year has made the finals for several years in a row but have always lost it so hopefully this would be the year!

Our team was pink...or was supposed to be pink, while the 3rd years were black (the coolest colour!). There weren't many of us 4th year supporters but at least there were some of us! The rest of the 4th years were probably actually at home studying for our 2% test the next morning!

Anyway, play finally began, but unfortunately the first few games were not that exciting as they all ended in nil-all draws. Aonghas soon joined me when his class finished, and the games began to pick up a little with a few goals scored, but the games still ended as 1-1 draws! The last motorway bus to home was soon leaving so Aonghas and I left before the end of the tournament.

Sadly, I heard in the morning that we came second AGAIN! Apparently our team hardly had any shots at goal! Oh well, as someone said, we can always come back next year as interns and win it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment