Friday 23 July 2010

Rejections Rejections Rejections

Last night one of the pharmacists from Hutt Valley Hospital Pharmacy tried calling me but I missed the call, so I rang them back today when I got back from the city (I've finally rid myself of that hospital pharmacy placement workbook...for now!) and they told me I was unsuccessful in getting the intern position at their hospital next year.

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand it would have been nice for someone to have finally picked me over others for a job, and it would be a whole new experience for me to move out of Auckland, live on my own and meet heaps of new people. On the other hand though, I'm relieved I won't have to move away from Auckland.

Where does it leave me now though? Still struggling to find somewhere to do my internship next year! I have one interview at a community pharmacy lined up for Monday. Hopefully it won't go too badly, as I'm fast running out of places to apply at!

I started thinking about what I'd do if I can't get an internship next year (I have two years to do my internship after I graduate, so I guess the worst case scenario would be that I would have to do it in 2012!), and I was thinking maybe I could go back to uni to study post-grad (if they let me!), travel overseas to visit my friends in America or just get a full-time job for a year! Who knows. Right now I guess I just have to keep looking. Oh, and pass this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment