Monday 2 August 2010

Exposed

I attended my first MHSSSO (Medical Health Sciences Students Symphony Orchestra) rehearsal tonight after a while. They emailed me last week pleading for me to come since they really need viola players, and I didn't attend last year because of my job interview.

Well anyway I showed up tonight, and once again I was the only violist and possibly the only non-med student there! It's a little awkward for me sometimes, especially when I'm exposed and I have to play my part all on my own! I'm not exactly a confident string player!

I'm going to have to practise a lot anyway, as we're having a concert in September and I don't want to be a fool!

The pieces we've been playing are:


1st Movement (Pastoral) Symphony no. 6 in F major by Beethoven



Slavonic Dance no. 3 by Dvorak



Slavonic Dance no. 4 by Dvorak

I've always wanted to play the Pastoral Symphony, so I guess you could say I'm fulfilling my dream! If only we had more musicians, instruments and sounded a lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment