Wednesday 12 December 2007

Reunion!

Tuesday marked exactly a year since we had our year 13 leavers boat cruise, and as promised by our dean Mrs Taylor back then, a reunion was held as an opportunity for all of us to catch up with each other. It hadn't been organised too well though, with Mrs Taylor asking me to text all my friends to pass the message on a couple weeks ago. Hardly anyone replied except for a few, so I had no idea who would show up to it! Therefore I wasn't too sure about whether I would be going!

Earlier in the day I had spent most of the time trying to tidy up the lounge till Angie came over to pick up her leavers DVD. My texts expired the night before and I hadn't topped up all day so she had texted me twice to ask me where I lived as she was getting near, but I wasn't aware of the texts as I was testing the DVD. It was only once she rang me that I discovered them! Not too long after I spotted her and her sister outside the front and went out to give it to them.

I later went to West City with Aonghas to finally top up and then ended up getting caught up in checking out the stuff being sold. It was approaching 7pm when the reunion was about to start. That's when I got my second cellphone call of the day - a personal record for me! This time it was from Jacqueline asking me where I was and when I'd be coming. She was the only one there and thought this lady nearby looked like Mrs Taylor but wasn't too sure! I told her I'd be on my way!

I got Aonghas to once again take me into the city to drop me off outside Float on the Viaduct. This was near where our leavers dinner was held last year. As soon as we got into the city, I jumped out the car and walked around until I could hear the guys calling me, and that's where I saw Mrs Taylor, Nikki, Ellyce, Jacqueline and David sitting at this bar! I went over and joined them, a little overwhelmed as it was my first time in a bar!

We soon decided to get up and have a little walk along the waterfront. We all just talked and caught up with each other. We had reached one end of the waterfront and started to walk back. That's when we caught up with Frank, Robbie, and ....(aarggh I can't remember his name!!) We all then went back to the bar for a few drinks. Jacqueline, Alex and Nikki were all encouraging me to give a little bit of alcohol a go. Apparently the drink was called 'quick f**k'! I can now see how peer pressure has an influence on people! No I didn't end up making this night the first time I had drunk alcohol. I just went over to the counter to ask what non-alcoholic drinks were available, and decided to go with pineapple juice.

We all continued to talk, joke and drink for a little longer. It turns out I was the only one in the group who doesn't have a job! That and still being on my learner's license, it's a bit sad!

Mrs Taylor soon was the first to call it a night as she had to deal with naughty kids at school the next day. Michael Jiang just turned up as she was about to leave though! Once she did, we all started moving. Most of the guys were going to head over to Showgirls and David and I were being heavily persuaded to join them. While David consistently refused to as it went against his morals, I guess I was more amused than anything at being persuaded to enter a strip joint and probably joked a little bit too much about it! Apparently it costs $20 to enter and then you may have to pay tips if you want to touch...or something like that...$20 seemed a bit too steep for me! It was 10.15pm and I didn't really want to pay $20 for a 15 minute show if I was to catch the bus at 10.30pm! The persuading continued for another half an hour. I guess I should've flatly refused instead of stringing the guys along and joking about it! I ended up not going and got a ride home with Alex and David.

It was an interesting night, the first time I've ever hung out in the city for purely social reasons (besides uni reasons!) since the leavers dinner last year! Apparently next year will be a whole lot more organised!


No comments:

Post a Comment