Friday 28 December 2007

Male Bonding

Yesterday morning Chen, Angie and us Anderson brothers were supposed to meet at the cinema foyer at 9.45am. While I woke up and had a shower in time, my brothers slept in and only woke up at 9.30! I had to speed them up and get them out the door. The others were already there although Chen was at Whitcoulls while Angie was at the cinemas.

We finally all met together and just talked for a while before buying our tickets. The night before we were trying to decide which movie out of Enchanted and The Golden Compass to watch. I had heard (thanks One News) that The Golden Compass was

"An embarrassing colossal piece of cr@p"

and so was a little unsure about seeing that movie, plus it had Nicole Kidman in it! On the other hand, Enchanted looked like a movie for girls! That's sorta the reason we had to invite Angie as our excuse to watch either of these movies! Nah jk

Anyway Angie and Hamish preferred The Golden Compass while the rest of us didn't really mind, so we decided we'd go watch that!

The movie itself wasn't all too bad. It did resemble a mix of Lord of the Rings and Narnia a little with talking animals (who were actually 'demons') and war scenes. The movie was supposedly anti-religious but I never caught on until I was walking home later in the day and Hamish explained it to me!

The movie was just on two hours and Angie had work at around midday so she had to leave only a few minutes before the movie finished! Fortunately there wasn't much left at the end that she had missed. I only just managed to give her the Christmas present I had gotten her - this snow globe. I had remembered having a conversation with her at the beginning of the year about things we most wanted and she mentioned one of them being a snow globe, so I tried looking for one to get her for Christmas, but never knew how rare they are around West Auckland! Fortunately someone pointed out a shop that sold them. She texted me later while we were having lunch thanking me for the present and that she felt bad, so that must mean she opened it. Fingers crossed she liked it though!

Once the movie was over, us guys went down to Wendy's to test Angie's ice-cream scooping skills by buying kiddy cones. I never knew we could have a little taste of a flavour before we chose it! As for Angie's scooping skills? Pretty good!

We then had a wander around West City helping Chen and Aonghas find something to buy some girl in their class who's leaving New Zealand at the end of the week.

While having lunch in the food court a little later on, we were witness to an Ambulance pulling up right by the mall entrance and ambulance staff coming to the aid of some lady who was lying on the floor by McDonald's. She was taken away on a stretcher. She was holding her head so I'm guessing it must've been a fall!

We looked around a little while longer before it was about 4pm and Chen had to go. We presented him with a gift, this keyring with a mouse soft toy named 'Romanceo'. There is a bit of meaning behind the present but I won't say anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment