Thursday 27 December 2007

Getting Up With It

Boxing Day - the busiest shopping day of the year, and I missed it because I slept in! Oh well there wasn't really much I wanted to buy anyway, nor would I be able to afford to buy it either!

We caught up with our old neighbour Phillip and his girlfriend Lee in the afternoon at West City after a year. He's come up from Palmerston North for a few Christmas to visit family...and us of course! haha We had a little walk to the new city council buildings and had a look at the Japanese garden. The buildings had been finished since Phillip last came up to Auckland so he had never seen them before.

We then went back to West City to have dinner, and since it was Phillip's shout, we just went along with what he had been having for the last few days - kebabs. That was the first kebab I had tried! I've always thought a kebab is when you stick beef, vegetables and fruit on a stick, but never knew it was beef and vegetables wrapped up in some sort of bread which tasted pretty good! I never knew how much they could fit into it! That together with a bottle of Coke went down well. That was followed by an hour of sharing stories about being pulled over by police (maybe that was just Phillip and me..) and reckless driving...Hamish!

Tonight was also probably the first time I've asked someone if they wanted to hang out with me. OK, with my brothers and Chen too! I have to admit it was a little nerve-wracking as I wasn't sure what the reply would be like, and for a while I wasn't too sure what the final outcome would be but fortunately it turned out OK! Hopefully she didn't get the wrong impression! I know I sound frigid but I'm getting there. I've got a lot to learn! Amongst all the children's Christmas movies I watched during this week (funnily enough quite a few of them - Santa Clause 2 and Single Santa Seeks Mrs Claus - saw Santa trying to find a wife or else...) there was a quote in the movie Single Santa Seeks Mrs Claus that went something along the lines of:

"If you don't go into the kitchen you won't get burnt, but soon you will go hungry"

which I found to be quite true! Well there you go Julie, I've asked someone to hang out with me (oh and with a few other people), now I've just got to try do that more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment