Wednesday 25 July 2007

People!

I was going to have my first Health Psychology tutorial on Tuesday, and so I was going to do my best to try meet some new people. As soon as my lecture was over, I caught the bus to the medical school in Grafton. At the reception I tried swiping my card but the red light kept showing and beeping and wouldn't let me in! This other girl was having the same trouble as me! We ended up running through after someone else successfully used theirs.

I got to my tutorial class to discover I could only recognise one guy who I didn't really know from health science. It turned out that I was in a class full of pharmacy students! But that was OK though. Good to broaden my horizons! I got to know this Chinese guy Stephen who used to go to Avondale College (grrrr) and this other guy doing second year pharmacy called Lenny. I know I know why do I keep making friends with guys????? I'll try work my way around the room next week! The health science guy who I recognised but didn't know (although I think I must've talked to him once or twice before an exam) came over to me to talk for a little bit after the lecture though.

We were just learning about different research methods and guidelines for them. A little experiment to see if chocolate helped improve memory was conducted, but I think it was too inaccurate to be taken seriously!

I caught the bus back into the city with Stephen and walked with him to Sky City Metro before I had to go back into the city to sort out my student allowance. On my way back I caught up with Jacqueline who had just finished for the day! So I waited around with her till her mum came to pick her up. I then walked back to the city to sort out my allowance and then caught up with Alice in the Information Commons.

While we were talking and watching movies on her laptop, along came Hussein! We were just catching up for a little while before along came Amber from Rangeview/Rutherford! I tried to introduce them to each other and get a general conversation going amongst them without excluding anyone (sorry Alice! She was a little left out in that one!) Eventually Hussein and Amber had to go, so it was just Alice and me again.

Alice wanted to check out a few shops so we went up to the street and while we were waiting for the free bus, along came Grace, one of Diane's friends I met when I was with her, who was now at Auckland University! She still remembered me, despite not remembering my name! I introduced them to each other, when along came Amy, back from Hong Kong! We were just having a little conversation (well I was trying to get one going amongst them all) when the free bus came. It was so full though. Alice and Grace managed to squish in, but there didn't look like much space left, so I decided I would race them to Britomart.

And I beat Alice there! Grace got off at Sky City though. So Alice and I checked out a few music stores for a CD she was looking for, but when she couldn't find it we walked back up Queen St towards her bus stop. We took a slight detour to the arcade though to try out DDR (like Singstar, only dancing????). It was my first time so it was a bit of an experience! My dancing skills were shocking compared to Alice's though, and so my rating was only a measly 'C'.

After Alice caught the bus home I stayed in the city for a while to study before meeting up with Hamish to try catch a bus to Diocesan School to support Aonghas' debating team against Howick. Once again though we had trouble catching the bus as it went straight past us! Luckily my dad was giving Chen a ride there, so I texted Chen and asked him to get our dad to pick us up.

We got there only to just miss Rutherford's first speaker (Rose) speak. I think I was getting a little too into the debate when after the Howick's third speaker spoke and tried dismissing every statistic the Rutherford team put forward as 'made up', I turned to Chen and probably said a little too loud...

"OH...MY..GOSH...<ramble ramble ramble>"

I think I'll tape my mouth shut when I go to the next debate. Next debate you say? Yes because they beat Howick and are now in the semifinals! CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment