Tuesday 10 July 2007

Around and Around

So despite there being some good news in that Diane got accepted into Vet School (which means she'll be leaving us waaaaaaaahhh!!!) a few other things didn't work out yesterday.

Our dryer hasn't been working for the past few days, and a few of us (excluding our parents of course!) were hoping that this was it for the dryer as I'm sure it's a lot older than us Anderson boys! Hopefully this would mean we would finally get a new replacement! I helped my dad take it down and we were preparing for its demise, when my dad started to pull it apart and play around with it. After a while he got it going again! So our dryer continues to dry! OK that isn't such a bad thing...

I got the rest of my final course grades for uni today. They're pretty average, so it's a bit disappointing. It got me thinking again about whether I really should continue in health science. I know I've been at this for several weeks now but I just don't know!!! With all these other influences like parents, scholarship restrictions and everything else I feel a bit restricted as to what I can and can't do, even though I know I shouldn't let them affect my decisions!

I've also been looking after my neighbour's dog, but all the dog food they had given me to feed him had run out by last night and I had nothing to feed the dog all day today, so I went out with my mum to buy some dog food at Countdown. Along the way we picked up one of those pre-cooked chickens. I was carrying it around the supermarket in one of those paper bags when I noticed it getting a lot hotter than usual. That's when my mum told me something was dripping! I lifted the bag to find the chicken juice had gone all over my jumper and on my arm! I rushed to the toilet to run my arm under water (unfortunately it had to be warm...no cold water) to avoid any burns.

On the way back I caught up with Toni who told me about Heather's farewell on Friday night. I regret not going now!! Apparently Heather left just yesterday and I didn't get to say goodbye to her!! Full of regret!

No comments:

Post a Comment