Sunday 22 July 2007

Not So Bad Meeting

I discovered that I have most Fridays off for the first half of this semester! So I was supposed to not have to come into university at all on Friday, but because I didn't know till the night before, I had scheduled an appointment with the guy in charge of scholarships Mr Raphson (ex-Mt Roskill Grammar principal) for Friday morning.

I managed to get into university early on Friday morning and went into the meeting expecting Mr Raphson to criticise me for my bad results. He ended up being pretty cool and not too bad! He was just checking up on me to see how I was finding university, how I was progressing and making sure I knew of the standard I had to be achieving at.

He also asked me if I had any current part-time jobs, and after I told him I taught music and that my parents were suggesting I do some volunteering, Mr Raphson told me about how some students he knew volunteered at community hospitals. This led me to think about possibly volunteering over at Starship, if they wanted my services!

After the meeting I went into the Information Commons to do a bit of study until Alice had finished all her classes and then met up with her in the Information Commons. We sat at this table where another girl Chloe was working at. Alice somehow knew her and introduced me to her. She's doing pharmacy at the moment and so we were just having a bit of a discussion about reproductive organs, periods and menopause while Alice was eating.

She left a while later (not because of our discussion of course!) and Alice and I kept talking and eating, when we realised we were both friends with this guy Lance! I knew him from intermediate school while he was Alice's childhood friend! Alice told me later that night that after she told her friend about me knowing Lance (because her friend knows Lance as well), her friend told her that her friend's friend knew me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment