Monday 9 July 2007

Keeping on the Outter

There were several highlights of church today:
- It was the communion which meant the sermon was shorter
- Angie showed up
- Sunday school was shorter
- We had pies for lunch!

After the service Angie and I went into the Sunday school room and sat down when this other girl in our class came over and sat next to me. I stared at her for several minutes before I clicked and finally realised who she was! I then turned to Angie and whispered that I had forgotten the girl's name, and when Angie told me her name was Nancy, Nancy must have heard and scolded me for forgetting her name! I tried to assure her it was a memory block! I've had one of those at least three times now, having forgotten this other guy's name, my teacher's name and now Nancy's!.

After Sunday school we had to rush off to drop Aonghas off at work at West City. I decided to go top up my bus pass so that I wouldn't be in a rush the next time I need to catch the bus, so I wandered all the way to the dairy beside the bus stop. Along the way to the toilet (my detour) I saw Angie and Phoebe in the food court but didn't say hi to them as I thought I better not say anything to them, especially to Phoebe who hasn't been talking to me for some reason lately! I saw Angie with Howdle (Natasha right?) on Thursday night when I was sitting in that same seat in the food court eating my fries but I decided against calling out to them as I had splattered tomato sauce all over the table!

Anyway after going to the toilet I went to the dairy to find a sign on the window saying

"Sorry, be back in 10 minutes Thanx!"

So I waited for a while before deciding to head back to West City to catch up with my mum and my brother Hamish. After a while I decided to walk back with Hamish to see if the dairy owners were back. It was still closed, so Hamish and I just stood outside the dairy waiting when guess who comes along to the bus stop! Phoebe, Angie and a couple others I think...I don't know if they saw me or not but they didn't say anything to me and I didn't say anything to them. After half an hour Hamish and I agreed that the shop was closed on a Sunday (we should have reached that conclusion a whole lot earlier!) and headed back.

I've been watching the movie Hitch on TV tonight which has been interesting. A few things I picked up on:
- if the girl is fiddling with something it means she wants to kiss you
- when you go in for the kiss go in 90% of the way
- I can't remember the rest...I should have recorded the movie! Then again I've got to remember that it is all in TV land and may not necessarily work in the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment