Wednesday 20 September 2006

That's It!

I've finally finished my exams for this week! I had a Chinese conversation internal assessment this afternoon. I hadn't even prepared till this morning! I ended up typing out possible answers to the teacher's questions, and then trying to memorise them. The situation was that my Chinese teacher would be the dean of international students wanting to have a little catch-up with me on how things have been during my first year studying in China.

I got to school by midday, still trying to memorise my answers. Fortunately I was fifth out of sixth on the list (or really fourth, as one of the students had to pull out after losing her voice). Judging from the reactions of the first three to go before me, things weren't going too well. I went in when it was finally my turn. I instantly stuffed up the beginning! Fortunately the teacher let me start again, and I went on from there. She asked me a few questions I hadn't prepared for, and so I'm just hoping I didn't give her answers that didn't make any sense!

For the rest of the afternoon I hung around with Nikki and Shiu Tai who also only had their Chinese conversation. We went to the nearby takeaways 'Kia Ora Takeaways', which was different since I don't think I've seen one run by Maoris before! (that's not in a racist way or anything!)


No comments:

Post a Comment