Thursday 28 September 2006

Calum's First Police Pull-Over

This time when out driving with my dad in his car, I got pulled over by the police, for apparent 'dangerous driving and nearly crashing into a police car' :S

After driving all the way to Massey and then around the Helensville/Kumeu area practising uphill starts, 3-point turns and doing heaps of stalls, I was driving along the main road (or highway?) when my dad told me to turn right into a side road. I stopped to wait for traffic to pass, and then there was this truck that was turning into the same side road as well, but he seemed to be giving way to me, so I turned. Suddenly I saw this police car right behind me with its lights flashing, so I pulled over and the police car stopped behind me.

Constable Keith came up to my window, wanting to look at my license, and then went over to my dad's side of the car wanting to look at his. He asked my dad how long I had been learning for, and my dad said two days. OK that's not entirely true (even though it is for these school holidays!) and my dad was going to continue to explain, but I think he was a bit more shellshocked at having been pulled over. Anyway Constable Keith told my dad the area I was in was a black spot, and that there had been many crashes in that area, and that I nearly crashed into the police car. When I turned though I never saw the police car as I thought the truck was behind me! Thank goodness for Constable Keith though he let me get away and said had it been another police officer I may have ended up with a $150 fine.

I decided to swap over with my dad, and decided just to go back home and have lunch. My dad was still recovering from the shock, as the encounter with the police had shaken him a little bit so he was sticking to the letter of the law, holding up traffic along the main road as he stuck strictly to the speed limit!

When I got home my mum asked me why I wasn't driving. I just told her I was hungry. Let's keep this one a secret from my mum as well aye ;)

1 comment:

  1. Is it just me? or r ur blogs soooo funny!! LOL!! Nice driving Calum. If u did get da fine, I dont think ur mother wouldve let u drive again eh? lol

    ReplyDelete