Wednesday 27 September 2006

Calum's First Crash

Yes I drove my mum's car into a mailbox today (my neighbour's) when I turned too sharply into the driveway! OK so things didn't turn out badly in the end. I only smacked the side mirror into the mailbox and it bent right backwards. My dad was yelling at me, but fortunately it was one of those mirrors that flips back, so we flipped it back into position. No damage was done to the mailbox ...actually I should go back and check...and the car was only left with some scratches on the back of the mirror. My mum still doesn't know yet. She's the parent most afraid of my driving, so telling her would do my cause no good, so let's just keep this a secret between you, me and my dad ;)

I was surprised my dad still wanted me to practise driving his car afterwards! We drove all the way to Piha and back through Swanson. It was freaky driving through the Waitakere Ranges where there were deep ditches on the side of the road. I couldn't even look at the view as it would freak me out! (soooo high!) I drove through Titirangi township where I got shouted at by some lady behind me when I stalled the car in front of a round-about.

An hour or so later we finally got home with my mum coming outside. She asked my dad how my driving was.

"Uhhhh......(grins at me)...needs a bit more practice!"

2 comments:

  1. Mel says: u no ur title gave me a fright lol.. i thought u meant a crash dat injured someone lol. not hitting a mailbox lol.. dnt worry i've dne dat once.. but mine was worse.. i reverse in2 da carport pole and made a dent in my brothers car hehe^^ didn't get told off... but not allowed 2 drive his car ne more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat says: Damn your title gave me a fright too...and then the next entry says that you got pulled over by the police...:)

    yay! calum's living on the wild side! haha

    ReplyDelete